Sunday, 12 January 2020

:)

sharing the first two songs that have made it into my 2020 playlist: desperado and a bridge by inara george.

i first heard the song desperado on my way home last january 2nd. it was sung by a woman and upon checking, there are a LOT of versions of desperado. and so just like what i did with let's hang on! by frankie valli, i listened to several covers of the song and came up with four favourites: diana krall, susan wong, the carpenters, and kristin chenoweth.

sharing kristin's version here because i just love her so much. :)





now this may sound too shallow, but was happy that i had the tv to myself this morning. was able to watch a back-to-back rerun of the tv show new amsterdam's second season. inara george's a bridge was used in the eighth episode called what the heart wants. what i like about this song is that it's a capella. it also sounds like a lullaby, and it fits the scene in what the heart wants very well. don't ask how many times i've already listened to a bridge today. i'll expect it to pop up in my on repeat playlist on spotify soon. a bridge is the fifth track in the album dear everybody, which i must say is a stunning album. needless to say, i just found my newest fave singer!



A Bridge - Inara George

Are you lonely?
You're never alone
Are you counting every breath?
Aching for some time?
Just a little more time
Just a little more time
Are you lonely?

Can you hear me?
I'm talking out loud
Trying to understand just how it is you feel
But I don't wanna say too much
I don't want to say too much
I just want to be here

Let's build a bridge from your window to mine
String a can to a can
You could call me anytime
Let's make a river and take it down to the sea
Let's build a bridge from your window to me

A wish for you
It's just a simple thing
I wanna see you everyday
I wanna hear my children say your name
It's more a wish for me

Will you tell me?
I want to hear all your stories
You're always grabbing at your life
You're never missing what you need
Oh, that's always how it seems
You open up to anything
Will you tell me

Let's build a bridge from your window to mine
String a can to a can
I could call you anytime
Let's make a river and take it down to the sea
Let's build a bridge from your window to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

sunday currently vol. 61

Currently... reading: Serena on Webtoon.  writing: this. i'm not holding my breath for when i will finally write a decent paragraph that...