Thursday, 13 June 2013

today

My day did not go well as I thought it would. First, I was almost ground to powder waiting for my turn to be interviewed. Next, my mind totally blanked out during the interview in which I will not go into the gory details of the whole thing anymore. After that, I saw that I had five missed calls and three texts from my manager who was trying to confirm if the meeting I set with a prospective client will push through since she doesn't want to be late due to the rain. When I tried to text her to say that the meeting is confirmed, I discovered that I did not have sufficient funds to send a text message, let alone make a call. On the way to the jeepney stop, my prospective client texted me that she's sorry and would like to move the meeting to tomorrow as she had decided to go home instead. I could not text her back right away as well, until I had finally gotten off the jeep and headed towards the nearest store to buy credits.

But despite all that had happened, I'm not discouraged at all. Chalk everything up to experience. It's like I'm taking baby steps once more as I venture out into the rat race after being in semi-seclusion for five years. Meaning my current, or rather, former job was home-based unless I am required to go to the studio. I had gotten so used working on my own that whatever I learned about interviews and people relations at work have gotten rusty.

And knowing myself, I easily get discouraged. So it's a little bit strange and a awe-inspiring that I still feel optimistic.

Whoever said that starting anew in life would be all roses and perfume anyway?


No comments:

Post a Comment

sunday currently vol. 61

Currently... reading: Serena on Webtoon.  writing: this. i'm not holding my breath for when i will finally write a decent paragraph that...