In the haze of my dreams I
thought I heard my father calling out to me. But since I knew in the back of my
mind that he will be arriving from his Toulouse trip later in the day, I
thought nothing of it and continued my adventures in dreamland.
It was not until I finally went
down for breakfast at lunchtime that I realised that Papa had indeed arrived
from Europe when I saw the dining table laden with some European goodies and
some of Papa's leftover baon. It was a sight which I haven't seen for over a
decade. I went to my parents' room to see if Papa was awake, but he wasn't. Jet
lag. And then I turned around and saw three huge bottles of Nenuco Agua de Colonia.
Nenuco!!! That has been my favourite cologne since I was very small. I would
have to find out later if I could have one of them. Gosh, the memories a
particular scent could evoke! It reminds me of earlier happy and carefree times,
when all I and my brothers cared about were school, friends and cousins.
So since there was no way I could
ask Papa about his trip yet, I ate a lovely breakfast (lunch actually) of toast
spread with cream cheese and topped with salami, a soft-boiled egg and a cup of
Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Visions of Papa's past travels all over the world
flashed in my mind when he would sometimes take us with him during the
summertime, and the assorted pasalubong he always brings home when he doesn't.
What a relaxed morning. I can't
wait to see the pictures.
glad youre blogging again.
ReplyDeleteblast from the past, nenuco, i remember that. nice to know it's still around.
photo cache: yup, same here. it's been too long since! :)
ReplyDelete