Sunday, 22 October 2017

Pockets of Sunshine



Living in Metro Manila is no walk in the park. Anyone who has lived here can attest to that. Just the thought of living here already makes me too exhausted to get out and battle it out with the rest of the stifling population. However, I still hold on to the thought that Metro Manila still holds some charm that is easily overshadowed by the obvious. And indeed, there are little pockets of sunshine in the most unlikely of places.

Like this:



The Why street art is the most commonly seen around the metro. It is a delight for me to sight one at a random time since each artwork is small and they are not that easy to spot unless I'm a passenger or I'm simply not looking straight ahead as I walk (hello, peripheral vision!). I guess the size is what makes this street art unique. The artworks are completely out there, but not quite. These tiny street art started popping out a few years ago with just Why but as time went by the artist who does these has upped his game with some depressing-looking famous characters: 

Snow White with the corny speech bubble.

Naubos na naman daw ang Chickenjoy. Huwhyyyy?


Latest sighting.


 Aside from Why, there are other questions and quips:

This is a question I've long since stopped asking.

Spotted this one as I went a roundabout way to the office.

Not all that I've found border on the sad side, however. Take a look at this random sighting of a fox running around somewhere in Ortigas Center...

See Fox run. See Fox run behind the plants. See Fox run behind the plants on two legs. Whoa.

...and the reason why I've stopped blogging for a time: 

HAHA! j/k

Pockets of sunshine, indeed. A breath of fresh air, even. No matter what the mood. Finding all these in the most random of places at the most random of times has become sort of a treasure hunt for this old lady. Such joy it is, I must look strange to people with all that crouching to take a photo or jumping in glee whenever I find one. And so to whoever leaves these tiny works of art waiting around for anyone not looking straight ahead, thank you. Cos your art takes a great load off my mind and heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

sunday currently vol. 61

Currently... reading: Serena on Webtoon.  writing: this. i'm not holding my breath for when i will finally write a decent paragraph that...