In a previous post, I mentioned
watching the season 8 finale ("Flight") scene from Grey's Anatomy where
Lexie Grey died from the plane crash. I was content after watching it. It
satisfied my curiosity even if it left me heartbroken for a while. That was
supposed to be the end of it.
But fate just had to play a hand
in my TV habits. When I arrived home from an overseas trip in the wee hours of
the morning, I turned on the TV in the hopes that I could catch a rerun of one
of my favourite shows before settling in. Lo and behold, what should be airing
on the channel I tuned in to but the rerun of Grey's Anatomy season 8, and the first episode, no less. If this
was providence, I don't know what is.
So yeah, I initially tuned in to
watch Grey's Anatomy season eight because I wanted to see Chyler Leigh play a
different character, that is, Lexie Grey. Lexie's personality is somewhat dorky
compared to the serious Alex Danvers in Supergirl. But as the season
progressed, I found myself getting enamoured with the rest of the show's characters
and their storylines. The show made me laugh and get teary-eyed at all the
right moments all throughout. The writing was superb, and all the actors were
amazing.
I particularly like Meredith and
Cristina's friendship. Even after having seen it for just one season so far, I
get why they're dubbed the twisted sisters. The way they tormented April, oh
dear. I felt mean for laughing along with them. Miranda was fun to watch as
she's this tough-talking doctor who is very good at her job yet gets all
flustered when it comes to personal matters. Lexie had fewer appearances in the
season so I might have to backtrack to the earlier seasons to be able to see
her relationship with Mark Sloan develop.
When episode 24 finally rolled
along, it was so hard to watch it even if I had a bit of preparation. Call me
melodramatic, but not only did I feel my heart shatter into a zillion pieces
over the doctors' predicament, I found myself wiping my eyes which I promised
never to do again since I watched Prue Halliwell die on Charmed's season 3
finale. And that was a promise which was broken many times over. So as
heartbreaking as "Flight" was to watch, I loved it. And since it
ended on a cliffhanger, I had to watch episode 1 of season 9. And the one after
that. And the next...
Ooh, I have some serious catching up to do.
Yep, Grey's Anatomy is officially
in my TV playlist.
One more thing.
You're my person.
Now that is a #friendshipgoal for
you.
The theme is also a winner. Hit play!
No comments:
Post a Comment