If there is such a thing as love at first sight, there's also such a thing as love at first hearing. Or listening. Sounds weird, but I am sure that anyone who loves music can attest to this. Listening to She & Him's cover of Stay Awhile evokes such warm and fuzzy feelings. The rendition of the melody and vocals slams you oh, so tenderly with a blanket snugly covering you on a cold night, or arms enveloping you in a warm embrace.
The music video also gives out the same vibes, plus more. Instead of She & Him's previous videos which features a lot of dancers, the focus is only on M. Ward and Zooey Dechanel this time. There is that '50s feel to it in the house where M. Ward is playing an invisible guitar and Zooey in a pretty blue balloon dress dancing around with somebody... or nobody. That second element gives the video an emotional quality to it. There is the feeling of longing for someone who is supposed to be around but is not entirely there at all. Zooey's expression on those embraces, that just did it. sigh.
Stay Awhile is one of the thirteen tracks of She & Him's Classics, an album of cover songs released back in December 2014. This song is originally sung by Dusty Springfield in 1964. I am so glad to have discovered a gem of a song.
And as always and forever, just hit play on these videos!
=============================
Lyrics:
Stay awhile, let me hold you
Stay awhile til I've told you, oh
Of the love that I feel tonight, oh yeah!
Stay awhile, whats your hurry?
Stay awhile cause I worry, oh
Any time that you're out of sight
I hate to see you go
I tell you what I'll do, I'll be good to you
I'll make you glad that you are mine
So come on baby
Treat me right, must you run now?
For the nights just begun now, oh
Honey please, wont you stay awhile with me?
I hate to see you go
I tell you what I'll do, I'll be good to you
I'll make you glad that you are mine
So come on baby
Treat me right, must you run now?
For the nights just begun now, oh
Honey please, wont you stay awhile with me?
So, Honey please, wont you stay awhile with me?
Oh yeah, Honey please, won't you stay awhile with me?
Oh yeah!
=============================
In case you are wondering how She & Him's video was made, just hit up this link!
Heya! Nice to read another post from you. Thanks for sharing the song. It's a feel good song. Reminds me of Mr. Postman :-) I like the blue dress on the video. - Ris
ReplyDeletenice, noh? sounds good also for road trips, i can totally imagine driving down sctex with this playing in the background :) love the dress too! thanks for dropping by see you soon girl hahaha :*
Delete