Sunday, 13 September 2015

Sunday Currently vol. 6

Day-off on a Sunday. Finally!
 
CURRENTLY
READING: One Summer by David Baldacci, one of my most favourite writers. I am a big fan of David Baldacci ever since I got my hands on The Winner eons ago. And several more books after that, like The Simple Truth, Saving Faith, and the King and Maxwell series to name a few. Mr. Baldacci, if this bit ever reaches you, I just want to say how dare you make me all weepy with your non-mystery thriller One Summer??? I never, ever got teary-eyed at the saddest parts of some books I've read, but this! Wow! The waterworks just won't stop. I was in a public place (a salon where I was waiting for my mum to finish her herbal hair treatment) as well, so as much as possible I tried to keep it to a minimum. By then I believed the review on the book by RT Book Reviews which said, "Readers better have their hankies ready." I was not ready cos I don't pay much heed to reviews and so I finally had to ask my aunt for a tissue. Hahaha. At this point I am almost halfway through the book. And to think I just bought it this afternoon. That's how I am riveted by the story. You have proved yourself over and over as a prolific writer with your many thrillers, Mr. Baldacci, yet you have outdone yourself with One Summer. Not only do you make your readers sit at the edge of their seats, you touch a chord deep within their hearts as well. This fan included.

WRITING: this. Should be writing in my journal as well.
LISTENING: to Ikaw ang Aking Mahal by VST & Company.
THINKING: of what to do tomorrow since it's still my day off. So far only sleep is on the list.
SMELLING: nothing
WISHING: it's already the 26th. yippee!
WEARING: my usual tank top and shorts.
LOVING: still Aldub!!! I have to do a marathon on the episodes I missed. Cannot satisfy myself with just the spoilers this time!
WANTING: to eat potato chips or any gooey chocolate bar. Sleep tomorrow.
NEEDING: to exercise more! Am not able to do so for the past couple of days since my duties ended at past midnight. Too tired to even roll out my exercise mat in the morning.
FEELING: hungry but not quite hungry. Weirdo!




Link up with siddathornton to join in the Sunday Currently!

1 comment:

  1. At the beginning of the year I was reading voraciously, then I rediscovered Jewels on my phone and then the adult coloring thing happened, reading was completely forgotten. I believe I have read a few Baldacci's. I know I have some in the house.

    ReplyDelete

sunday currently vol. 61

Currently... reading: Serena on Webtoon.  writing: this. i'm not holding my breath for when i will finally write a decent paragraph that...